top of page
  • Nasima Akter

Man Utd’s Sancho to Train Separately From the Team


Man Utd’s Sancho to Train Separately From the Team

Jadon Sancho is set to train separately from Manchester United's first team after he refused to apologize to manager Erik ten Hag for his comments alleging that the manager was untruthful about his exclusion from the 3-1 loss to Arsenal on September 3rd. Sancho's decision to stand his ground on this issue adds more uncertainty to his long-term future at the club.


Jadon Sancho was notably absent from the 20-player squad during the match that ended in defeat, which occurred just before the international break. When questioned about Sancho's absence after the match, Erik ten Hag asserted that Sancho had not met the necessary training standards to be included in the squad for the trip to north London.


Jadon Sancho quickly contested Erik ten Hag's explanation on social media, stating that the manager's explanation was "completely untrue." He even pinned this post to the top of his account on the platform formerly known as Twitter, although he removed it after 10 days. However, it appears that despite removing the post, the 23-year-old was unwilling to offer an apology to Ten Hag, which has resulted in him training separately from the first team.


A club statement on Thursday said: “Jadon Sancho will remain on a personal training programme away from the first team group pending resolution of a squad discipline issue.”


After the Arsenal game, Ten Hag said: “Jadon, on his performances in training we did not select him. You have to reach a level every day at Manchester United and we can make choices in the front line. So for this game he was not selected.”


Sancho responded later that day with an explosive statement. He wrote: “Please don’t believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue, I have conducted myself in training very well this week. I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won’t go into, I’ve been a scapegoat for a long time which isn’t fair!”


Manchester United, who have secured six points from their first four Premier League matches, are set to resume action after the international break with a home game against Brighton on Saturday. Given the recent developments, it appears highly unlikely that Jadon Sancho will be available for the match.


Jadon Sancho's exclusion from the first team is just the latest setback for a player who has significantly underperformed since his high-profile transfer from Borussia Dortmund to Manchester United in the summer of 2021, which involved a substantial transfer fee of £73 million.


Since joining Manchester United, Jadon Sancho has scored only 12 goals in all competitions, and his status in the squad has diminished under manager Erik ten Hag. There was interest from Saudi Arabia in acquiring Sancho before the Saudi transfer deadline last week, and Manchester United was open to the possibility of selling him. However, it appears that Sancho was not inclined to consider the idea of playing in the Saudi Pro League, and thus, the move did not materialize.


There are reports suggesting that both Bayern Munich and Jadon Sancho's former club, Borussia Dortmund, are actively considering making moves to bring Sancho back to the Bundesliga once the transfer window reopens in January.



Advertisement

bottom of page